Avoiding coronavirus infection
There are a number of simple measures. The first and foremost is washing your hands often with soap and water. This is the best step to stop viruses like coronavirus spreading. Keep up-to-date with the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak, available on the WHO website and through your national and local public health authority.
Most of those who become infected with the coronavirus experience mild illness and recover. However, it will be more severe for others.
The main focus should now be on handwashing, maintaining social distancing and avoiding the sick and already infected.
So, here’s what you need to do whether in the home or the workplace to lessen your chances of contracting the coronavirus:
- Clean your hands regularly
- Use hand sanitiser if available
- Clean your mobile phone regularly
- Try to avoid touching your face
- Clean commonly touched surfaces
- Use a tissue if you cough or sneeze, then bin it
- Stay informed of and follow advice given relating to the coronavirus
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention
- If you show symptoms of coronavirus, self-isolate.
More information on Coronavirus from the WHO, World Health Organisation